Thursday, June 14, 2007

Do we really know how to Praise God

Do you know how to Praise the Lord? I just didn't get it until I started watching my Son. I would sing and lift my hands, but I really didn't see the full picture. Gabrian is 2 1/2 years old. He knows how to truly Praise the Lord. He doesn't care what the world thinks, he is just spending time with his Heavenly Father.

When I watch him I see something that is real. He puts his hands in the air, runs around, jumps up and down, singing(a lot of the time in tongues), shaking his head from side to side, clapping, and I think to myself, 'he doesn't hold back.' He doesn't care what you think, it's not about us. He has the Father-Son relationship we all long for. This is his time with God. I finally realize it's not when or for how long you worship, it's how you worship. Is your heart ready for true worship? Do you long for a intimacy that is stronger than of a Husband and Wife? I have learned a lot from my Son. I was 27 years old before I met God. I have played around with Church, but hey you've got to go somewhere till the malls open. My Son at 2 1/2 years old got it before me on how to worship, because I was 30 years old before I saw real worship. I have seen other adults and said 'that can't be real'( just to name a few- Micheal and Mary of Nebraska, some of the crazy people from WOLC in St. Jo, and some from my Church NLCC (Rockwood) in Nashville ). God bless them. They had something that I thought was strange but really it was something I longed for. I just didn't think my Son would lead me.

Psalms 149:1-3
1 Praise the LORD!

Sing to the LORD a new song,
And His praise in the assembly of saints.

2 Let Israel rejoice in their Maker;
Let the children of Zion be joyful in their King.
3 Let them praise His name with the dance;
Let them sing praises to Him with the timbrel and harp.

I believe those are my Son's verses. Me or my Wife can put on some music, or a Hillsong kids worship DVD, or Veggie Tales CD or DVD, and my Son will jump up and sing his song to God.
When me and my Wife join in it gets loud, it's awesome.

He is only 2 1/2, and as we teach him, he also teaches us. You probably have heard the phrase, He is a Man or Women of God. I now think that phrase is wrong, we are Children of God, when we are down, sad, or in need we call out DADDY. So when we are worshiping God we call out DADDY. We are his kids and He loves us more than I love my Son, and that might be hard to bite, because I love my Son more than words can describe. God loves you.

Every child has a hero, but I have found that Jesus is my son's hero.


Bondservant4christ




No comments: