Sunday, July 8, 2007

Independence day is over, or is it?

We celebrate America's freedom once a year, but how often do you celebrate your freedom from America's lust. We have freedom everyday from everything because of Jesus Christ carried our cross, hung there for us, and died for you and me just so we could have freedom. America was formed 231 years ago where we could have freedom to worship God. Every year all over America we raise our flag to honor the men who died for our freedom, and I think we should. BUT, I think we should do something else everyday, that is raise our cross to honor the Man who died for us, so we all could be free from everything. Jesus had a Passion to go to the cross for us almost 2000 years ago. That's our Independence day.

I opened up the service Sunday with this topic. I think most people have heard Lee greenwood's song
God Bless The U.S.A. the chorus says: But I would like to change a few words around.

And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

But I would like to change a few words around.

And I'm proud to be an American(you could also change this to a Christian because that is what American originally was),
where at least I know I'm free.
And I wont forget the Man who died,
who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend Him still today.
Cause there ain't no doubt He loves this land,
God blessed the USA.

So no disrespect for our soldier's who risk there lives everyday for mine and your freedom. But Christ paid the price for us to live forever with Peace and love. So start celebrating Independence day everyday. I'm so proud to say I'm an American but more so I'm proud to say I'M A CHRISTIAN.

God Blessed

Bonservant4christ




No comments: