Friday, July 13, 2007

without or with

Are you without or with?

Psalms 28

1 I pray to you, O Lord, my rock.
Do not turn a deaf ear to me.
For if you are silent,
I might as well give up and die.

Without God I am nothing, I will fall to the tainted world.

2 Listen to my prayer for mercy
as I cry out to you for help,
as I lift my hands toward your holy sanctuary.

I call on You with open arms, like a child who wants there daddy,help me,hold me.

3 Do not drag me away with the wicked—
with those who do evil—
those who speak friendly words to their neighbors
while planning evil in their hearts.

Don't let me be like the world who lives for themselves and not for You.

4 Give them the punishment they so richly deserve!
Measure it out in proportion to their wickedness.
Pay them back for all their evil deeds!
Give them a taste of what they have done to others.

Just give them what they deserve.

5 They care nothing for what the Lord has done
or for what his hands have made.
So he will tear them down,
and they will never be rebuilt!

They don't do anything for the kingdom, destroy them and there works.

6 Praise the Lord!
For he has heard my cry for mercy.

You heard me when I called out for you, Amen.

7 The Lord is my strength and shield.
I trust him with all my heart.
He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.
I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.


You are everything to me, you protect me and carry me. I thank you with all my heart with my love song to you.

8 The Lord gives his people strength.
He is a safe fortress for his anointed king.


You turn the weak strong, and protect us from evil because we are part of your kingdom.

9 Save your people!
Bless Israel, your special possession.
Lead them like a shepherd,
and carry them in your arms forever.

You protect your sheep like a good herder does. The wolf can't attack because you have
a stronghold on us. You put us behind your fence and stand guard at the gate. You have gave us the ultimate gift, the inheritance of the kingdom, the good grass to feed on.

With God on your side is how most people would look at it. What about with God in front, the front line. If you have God as your front line of protection you will not get destroyed. Thank like this for. Without God is like playing Football without pads or a helmet when everyone else has them on; or if you was the quarterback and God is the front line, you would get creamed every time if there was no line of protection. Most of the time the quarterback is the smallest man on the team, minus the kicker, but what do they do, just kidding. Guess who are the biggest on the team? the front line, you got it. That's what kind of protection I want.

Without God you would be this tiny little quarterback with no pads or helmet looking up at 11 big guys thats about to stomp a mud hole in you. What is better? Having God with you in life or without. David describes this in Psalms 28. The first 5 verses is without and the next 4 is with.


Psalms 28 6-7a

Praise the Lord!
For he has heard my cry for mercy.

The Lord is my strength and shield.
I trust him with all my heart.

That's what I'm talking about, Praise the Lord!





Bondsevant4christ







No comments: